Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Peaches, Part 2: Peach and Mint Daiquiris

After all that peach-picking, we needed a drink.

I think we can spare a few...

So we broke out the blender and tore through several of our new peaches. We opted for unstrained rum drinks, which turned out like boozie smoothies and were stellar. I threw something together, but it was missing something, so Adam had the genius idea to throw in some mint from my windowsill herb pots. And let me tell you, the mint makes all the difference -- don't skip it!

Boozin' and Cruzin'!

However, before these peaches are gone, I'd also like to try a strained vodka drink, which will be more like a peach martini, and also a bellini, using peach purée.

Booze smoothies! Boothies? ...Smoozies?

So stay tuned for more!

This bad boy went down really easily.
THAT'S WHAT
SHE SAID!


Peach and Mint Daiquiris
via my noggin... and trial and error

3 ¼ medium peaches, pitted (...Adam ate ¾ of one while pitting; feel free to use 3 or 4)
½ cup Bacardi Limón (or Malibu, or Cruzan Mango, or whatever)
1 heaping teaspoon sugar (these are the sweetest peaches ever; you may need to use more)
12 leaves of mint (or basil, or sage, or whatever)
Ice to taste

Step 1: Throw first three ingredients in a blender, as well as 8 of the mint leaves, and blend well (personally, I think peeling the peaches is unnecessary, as it'll all blend together).

Step 2: Add ice to taste -- I didn't use much because I have kind of a crappy hand-me-down blender that doesn't handle ice well, so ours turned out more like a boozed-up smoothie than like a frozen drink, but we loved it this way.

Step 3: Pour into cocktail glasses and use the remaining mint leaves to garnish the glasses. Makes approximately four.

1 comment:

Julia said...

YUM!

okay, that's about all the comment i can muster right now. i think i'm going to have to buy a couple of peaches and try these..like, stat.