Friday, January 1, 2010

I Know You're Celebrating NYE, and I'ma Let You Finish...

...but I wanted to check in and say that yes, I'm still alive. [I didn't blink twice when my mom chastised me for not blogging, but you KNOW you've been a deadbeat when you also get called out by your main gay.]

Excuses, excuses. Thanksgiving (yay), Adam's visit (double yay!), then some things came up, then a trip home to California (lovely, and thankfully not affected by the snowstorm).

Had a productive holiday break... picked a wedding photographer who's awesomely talented and has a sweet 'stache. Bought super glammed-out non-bridal-looking wedding shoes that were fabulous but also so expensive that I have to set up a payment schedule with my mom (WORTH IT). Ate too much and hugged the crap out of my sister's cat. You know, the usual.

And now here I sit, watching House with my kitty, and sipping a Faux-llini (that's a bellini when no fresh peaches are in sight -- a peach sorbet and champagne float -- and yes, I made that up -- and yes, it's delicious), and musing on 2009.

This was a big year. This was a year that held an appendectomy, a homeloan and a condo with our names on the deed, a Saturday evening wherein the man I love got down on one knee and proffered a sandwich and a sparkly diamond ring, a proverbial pink slip from a job I despised (do they ever give actual pink slips anymore?), a trip to an animal shelter that resulted in the cutest lil mustachioed (albeit slightly bitey and swipey) kitty you ever did see making himself at home in our home (with our names on the deed), and the beginnings of what is sure to be the party of the freaking century (also known as our wedding).


Not bad. Not a bad year at all.

1 comment:

Mollka said...

i love this post! what a fabulous year it was for you and adam!!!