Breakfast for dinner. Have lovelier words ever been uttered?
Liz recently declared that if the universe ever wrote a list of the 100 Best Things Ever, B4D would for sure nab a spot. And I quite agree.
Inspired by a never-ending package of blueberries (more to come on that), I decided the time had come... for B4D. As our main dish, I made my favorite frittata recipe. The best part of this recipe is that it's recession-friendly: it's equally mouthwatering with whatever you happen to have in the fridge, and it's an excellent use of leftovers, as well as veggies or cheese that you're worried you won't be able to finish before they go bad. I know, I know -- that doesn't sound very glamorous, but I think you'd be surprised at the amazing culinary delights lurking in your fridge.
Past successes of mine have included swiss and (leftover!) asparagus, parmesan and cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms and jack cheese. I also suspect it would be awesome with rosemary and thinly sliced potatoes. This time around, I threw in chopped green onions, diced cherry tomatoes, a single finely chopped chipotle pepper (I have an opened can of these peppers in adobo sauce in the fridge from a previous recipe), and two slices of pepper jack cheese, crumbled into smaller bits.
Seriously, this is delicious and resourceful. So stop letting your veggies go bad -- throw them into one of these before they pass their prime!
Anything-Goes Frittata
Family recipe
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons flour
2 beaten eggs
Fillings -- cheese (diced, grated, what-have-you), veggies, meat, or whatever
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F.
Step 2: Combine mayonnaise, milk, flour, and eggs, and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Stir in fillings.
Step 3: Grease a pan, no larger than 9" x 13" (that's what I use and it comes out perfectly thin, but you wouldn't want it thinner... then again, a slightly smaller or differently shaped pan would also work). Pour egg mixture into the pan. If desired, sprinkle a thin amount of grated cheese over the top.
Step 4: Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown and starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment