Monday, September 6, 2010

Full-Blown Mini-Break Bachelorette Weekend, Part 3

Okay, our last full day in Chicago!

I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

We started out with an incredible brunch at Ann Sather’s, which is apparently quite well-known for its cinnamon rolls (and ohmygod rightfully so). It was one part brunch, one part lingerie shower, which was simultaneously SO much fun (so many lacy pretties!) and also kind of awkward (so many families at close-quarters tables!). Everyone was so generous, and I felt very loved. My heart and my stomach were very full… full of love and cinnamon rolls.

The bean!

After that the group split up because there were two different views of how we should spend the afternoon. Stefanie, Mary and I went to the Taste of Chicago food festival, and the rest of the crowd went shopping downtown. Taste was awesome, but would have been more enjoyable had it not been unbearably and uncomfortably hot. A few times while we were in line for a rainbow ice cream cone, I felt a little woozy. Luckily, once we had ice cream and a shady spot of grass to sit on, we were feeling much better. After eating our way through the festival and finding the heat to be intolerable, we went back to the apartment a little earlier than our planned meeting time. We relaxed there until the other group got back.

Om nom nom!

Then it was time for fireworks by the water’s edge — but first, we needed to scrounge up some deep-dish to bring with us! Sitting by the beautiful water, scarfing delicious pizza, and watching the fireworks explode over Navy Pier was a truly lovely way to wrap up a great weekend.

The weekend left me feeling so loved and lucky to have such a wonderful sister to plan a three-day party just for lil ol’ me, and friends who didn’t hesitate for a second to jump on a plane.

I know. Total hotness overload, amirite?!

2 comments:

Emily said...

omg I seriously want an Ann Sather's cinnamon roll right now

Lydia said...

ME TOO! Isn't that photo that Mary took kind of mean?