I realize this happened a few months ago, but what can I say? I've been lame at posting, so it's really late. BUT, I had such a great time at my fabulous bachelorette weekend in Chicago, that I thought I'd share anyway. Also, I wrote the text a while ago. I'm lame, I know.
You know how you just seem to click with certain places, like you do with certain people? Yeah. Chicago and I totally hit it off. That city is AMAZING. Friendly people, lovely clean streets, more food than you can shake a stick at, and the lake, MY GOD, THE LAKE! Just beautiful!
My darling bridal party threw me a fabulous weekend that started off with a low-key evening in the Cutie McCute apartment that Mike had rented for us (pictured above!). We were all tired from our long work days by the time we got there, so we decided to stay in. Mary had arrived before us, and in her hour’s heads-up, she had gone food shopping and prepared a meal of appetizers and wine — she chose each item for the way it made her think of me. So they were either dishes that I love, or dishes that I’ve served at my own dinner parties, etc. We had goat cheese with jalapeƱo jelly, marinated olives, baba ganouj, red-pepper hummus, cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped dates (I once made this at a party and people swooned so hard they’re STILL talking about them), melon with proscuitto, and Spanish tempranillo wine.
We spent the evening noshing and gossiping (two of my most favorite activities), then headed off to bed to rest up for the next day of exploring the city!
We did have one minor snafu the day we arrived, however. I got a voicemail from Emily when Stefanie and I disembarked from our plane at O’Hare. She sounded weird, and asked me to call her. When I did, I discovered that not only had her flight from San Francisco to Chicago been cancelled, but so had all SFO-O’Hare flights on several carriers that evening. The first flight she could get was early the next morning, which would get her in around noon. Not her fault, but still a major bummer. Oh, well -- no vacation's perfect, eh?
Next up — our first full day in Chicago, complete with sassy waitresses, a view of the city to die for, and our amazing night out!
No comments:
Post a Comment