Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How Do You Like Them Apples?


Hey, remember that time that Adam, Stefanie, and I trekked out to Virginia for a hike and ended up picking over 30 pounds of summer peaches?


Yeah... well... Stefanie, Mary, and I went back to that same orchard down in Markham, VA to sample their apples on the last day of their apple season.


We didn't pick 35 pounds of apples. Far from it (not that I regret the peaches, in fact I very much don't). But we did get a very full peck of their York variety -- I had never tasted York apples before, but they're red and sweet and almost painfully crisp. In short, I adore them.


So stay tuned. Because I have some delicious apple recipes coming up: applesauce that's pink and sweet like pie filling, whole wheat apple muffins that baked up nice and high like coffeehouse muffins, and macaroni and cheese with bacon and apples (yes, you read that correctly).

No comments: