I know, I know. It's been forever. But I have some new posts lined up for the coming weeks, so please excuse my completely lame hiatus.
So, the real title of this post should be: "Peanut Butter Cup Cookies," also known in this case as "Best Fiancée Ever Cookies." The latter, of course, because I made these cookies on Monday, let them cool, packed them into robot-themed snack bags, packed the bags into a bubble-wrap-lined shoebox, and shipped them off to Adam in Saudi Arabia. Will they survive the trip, or will they arrive all stale and gross? We'll just have to wait and see.
These are just as delicious and naughty as they sound -- chocolate chip cookies that replace the chocolate chips with roughly chopped miniature peanut butter cups. Perfect for Halloween, really.
Or, you know, for sending to the Middle East. I mean, I can't send him bacon -- so I figured these were the next best things.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
via Real Simple
*I should note that I expected these to be chewy, but they're not. Don't get me wrong, they're still delicious, but the crunchiness was a bit of a surprise.
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-oz. package of small peanut butter cups, coursely chopped
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet (or two, if you have them) with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Step 3: Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Gently fold in the peanut butter cups.
Step 4: Drop tablespoon-sized mounds of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s). Bake until light brown around the edges, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
these sound amazing! he will be so psyched! i used to send jared packages all the time when he lived in canada. i usually sent him loaves of bread from the bakery and a batch of cookies. though, of course, canada is much closer than saudi arabia...i'm sure they'll be amazing. and if they're stale or crumbled, he can just put them in a bowl with milk and call it cereal!
Post a Comment