On Adam's last night here in DC, we made dinner at home instead of going out. I made something I had been wanting to try for a while -- decadent bacon-wrapped scallops.
These are DECADENT. Did I already mention that? They are rich wrapped in rich, and it didn't help that I paired them with some more of Eastern Market's deli counter's fab handmade ravioli; this time Adam chose portabello and caramelized onions for the filling. Also pretty rich (and delicious!).
So we decided on four scallops and four ravioli per person, and we were pretty stuffed. Most people would probably make these as party hors d'oeuvres, and not as entrees, although I think that, in moderation, they work well as either.
So if you feel like splurging, both by wallet and by appetite, try these! They will not disappoint.
Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
via my noggin
*I wrote this to serve two, as a generous entree, so keep that in mind!
8 sea scallops
4 strips of bacon
Juice from half a lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pepper to taste
Toothpicks
Step 1: In a shallow dish, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper, and place rinsed and dried scallops into the liquid. Let marinate in the fridge for about a half hour, turning the scallops occasionally if the liquid doesn't over them completely.
Step 2: Cut bacon slices in half, and partially cook in a frying pan, until just before it starts getting crispy.
Step 3: Take scallops out of the fridge, and drain off the liquid. Wrap each scallop in a half-strip of partially-cooked bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place wrapped scallops on a broiler pan or, failing that, a cookie sheet lined with foil..
Step 4: Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes, then flip the scallops and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Remove from oven and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment