Friday, March 19, 2010

Amazing Thing About SA #1: Juice

"We have unlimited juice? This party
is going to be OFF THE HOOK."


So, I totally get it. If you were a country that prohibited alcohol, you'd be hell-bent on offering some amazing non-boozy beverage options. Mission accomplished, SA. Every single place we went had the most amazing selection of fresh-squeezed juices, in flavors like pomegranate, mango, pineapple, orange, melon, raspberry, strawberry, lemon, lime, and my personal favorites, lemon-mint and lime-mint.

The latter two are lemonade or limeade, blended with a handful of fresh mint leaves, and then strained to filter out the bigger mint-stem chunks. I've tried muddling mint in my lemonade before, but it never tasted even remotely this heavenly. This summer: blender.

But I will tell you this -- I love a good cocktail or glass of bubbly as much as the next girl... but with juices these fresh and amazing, who the hell needs the booze?

No comments: